music

Saturday, September 12, 2009

New Wolfenstein

Yes...It's fun to have another Wolfy game to play.

It has received mediocre reviews from the controlling bodies, but I spy many user comments say they love it. Why? For it's simply blast factor. Fun Nazi bashing, crazy zombie shit etc. Yes, it ain't bursting at the seams with the latest, greatest graphics. It is a good old romp for oldies to enjoy.

I see there is an awesome Batman game released that looks fairly mind-blowing.

One thing I like about having a baby, is that it makes many things people are concerned about irrevellivent. Stuff like fashion and new cars. When you have this little life in front of you, not much else matters. Only the games survive. I do also find it necessary to hang with the boys too.

It is still a hard pill to swallow and I have met some surprised reactions that I am not cart-wheeling all down the street that some people would expect me to do. I remember old ship's engineeer, John Emptage expressing his annoyance and fatigue at having to listen to some female fellow council worker at EHDC go on and on about her baby's first burp etc. etc.

I know that I love this child and that this love will grow. Actually, like my love for Oi. I knew when I married her that it was a love that would grow because of who she is. A kind, gentle mum type figure. I could have chased the sexy fox, but I knew that way would lead to ruin. Gee gave me some great advise saying that, "If you marry Oi, it will be for a long time."

Same with Grace. I am not going to stop breathing and jump up and down shouting how unbelieveably wonderful it is to the neighbour and the bloke in the street. It's a baby. It's great. Let's just watch and see this love grow.

You get the brigade that shout, "You have a baby. You have to buy a house. You have to buy a car!"

Do I?

I have to fiancially bankrupt myself because I have a baby? I don't quite follow your logic. I think jigsaw puzzles and trips to look at mountains and lakes might have more benefit personally.

If they want to sail down that river then they can, but don't expect me to jump in after you.

I expect to meet a ton of pushy parents from this time on. There is nothing more loathsome than parents jumping up and down and demanding that their kid is top of the class etc.

Phit told me of one conversation she heard a parent bawling at the nun at school. She was bad mouthing the other mums and dads and pushing her little dreamboat to the front of the class. Big mistake. This nun is like the most wise old bird I have ever met. She's awesome. Just her calm gaze hides a galaxy of intricate calculations on what your saying to her.

To me, being married and having kids is a real tightrope, and the best way to go forward is to do it very slowly, very relaxed and one tiny step at a time. I mean, you wouldn't want all the flowers in the garden to bloom at once, would you? Or would you? Or maybe you would.

Next week, I am likely to have a completely different set of rules to bestow upon unwanted ears.

Just the idle musings of an old donut....

No comments: